ss_blog_claim=9039a71fb9b355c1e9a0f35d30290856
Powered by WebRing.
Powered by WebRing.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

2 Months of Emptiness

I do really apologize to all those people who patronise my blog but I haven't been doing my job to update my blog. You guys must be wondering what actually I'm up to right now. From my last blog update, I told you that I was looking around for jobs and I did manage to find one.

With the help of my relatives working at the airport, I got myself a job as a Cabin Data Management Technician. My office located at Terminal 1, near gate C17 pronouned as Charlie-One-Seven. Frankly speaking,it was a great job. No pressure from your superiors, working shifts and your work is own time own target. My employer is from SIAEC. My jobscope is actually to inform the technician to rectify defects that occurred in our SIA aircrafts which happened during flight. Great working environment. Most of the people in the office are males. Lots of foreigners, the Phillipinos and the pakciks and abangs are friendly.

Outside the office, you can see different types of airplanes at the parking bay. To name a few: SIA, Jetstar, Cathay Pacific and etc. In case for those who don't know, I have this fascination of planes so sometimes when I need a breath off fresh air, I just step out of the office and took some time off to just see airplanes: landing and taking-off. If I'm lucky, I get to see SIA's new Airbus the A380. When working shifts, especially night, I get to see the beautiful sun rise. For every lunch, I ate at the Terminal 2 foodcourt. My colleague, San and I would always walk back to Terminal 1 via the departure hall.

My misery: For two weeks, I made great bonds with the people in the office. Until one day, I was told to end my job as the company is taking in foreigners. It was unfair. It was beyond my control and I have to face the facts, It's no use complaining anyway.

Back to square one: I was searching for jobs again until one day I received a message from my friend who told me that there is a position for a Fire Trainer based in Batam. Teach the Indonesian people to deal with ship fires as it is a marine company. Nonetheless, I sent my resume and I got a call from the company the next day. I went down to Pandan Road for the interview at the ASL Marine building. It was quite fast for an interview as I was asked just a few questions. Guess what? I got it.

Benefits: Free food and accomodation. Working hours starting at 8am to 6pm. Workplace is just beside my quarters located at Batam Harbourfront. I was told that the quarters is like a condo and you have an own maid. There is overtime pay.It is up to my own accord whether or not to go back Singapore in every week or a month. Ferry to and fro from Singapore will be paid by the company. Salary wise = CONFIDENTIAL.

Actually right now, the company is processing my visa. They told me that it would take 2 weeks or so to be approved. The fasting month has already started and I believe I have another 1 more week before everything is done. I can't wait to find out how is the working environment outside of Singapore.

I may or may not be celebrating my Hari Raya once I got the job. I may not have time to update my blog that often. I will be missing my friends and families back home. This is what I want the rest to know.

No comments: